German Law/Adopted mother in nursing home

Question
I was born in Germany and came to US when mother married US soldier.  Mother died and father gave sister and I up.  A German married to an American adopted us.  We lived with them for 5 years .  They got divorced and she went back to Germany.  We ended up in the foster system in US.
German mother that adopted us is in nursing home and can not afford bill.  Can Germany garnish our wages? Or Bill us for nursing care.  Her brother si trying to do so.

Answer
As fas as I know the German-American Judicial Assistance Convention regulates only child support. However, depending on the legal effects of the adoption, Germany could bill for parental support. However, the retention for someone obligated to parental support of his monthly income would be 1.800 € plus another of 1.440 € for his spouse plus further retentions for each child he has to support according to the Düsseldorfer Tabelle.  

German Law

Henning Haarhaus