German Law/Inheritance

Question
2 years ago, my uncle (a German citizen, living in Germany) died and in his will he left everything to his (male, German) registered life partner. Neither of them has children but my uncle has four sisters and his partner a brother. Recently, his partner passed away as well. If the partner does not leave a will, are my uncle's sisters heirs to the estate? If there is a will in which the sisters are not mentioned, do they have any legal rights to inherit? Thanks very much for considering this question.

Answer
Unless otherwise stipulated in your uncles or his partners will his estate had merged with the estate of his partner after his death. After the death of the partner only his respective blood relatives are called to sucession, not your uncles relatives because there is no blood line.

German Law

Henning Haarhaus