German Law/How to get married to a rejected refugee

Question
My boyfriend is from Pakistan, his asyle it rejected.We want to marry here in Germany is that possible? They told him to go back to his country, but how? He doesn't have any passport. I'm not German but i have my residence here. What can i do to get married to him?.

Answer
Hello Coral,

your boyfriend should be able to get a passport from the Pakistani Consulate.
I understand that he may not want that for fear of being deported, but that just means that you need to be really quick with the marriage (and prepare everything perfectly).

Theoretically, it's possible to get married without a passport, but then he needs to provide other documents that show his identity. He will also need to get a confirmation from Pakistan that he is still single there.

You would need the same document from your country.

If the process of getting married in Germany is too complicated, you may want to look into the option of getting married in Denmark. It's generally easier there, but I think they may also ask for his passport. (Because marriage has so many legal consequences, most countries are very reluctant to marry someone whose identity is not proven.)

The last option of course would be to go to Pakistan together and get married there. Depending on your citizenship, your residence type, your income and his language skills and qualifications, he could then apply for a family reunion visa to join you in Germany.

I have some general FAQ on getting married: https://andreasmoser.blog/2017/04/01/10-faq-marriage/
but in your case, I would need to know all the specific points mentioned above. Unfortunately, that would also go beyond what I can provide for free.

Andreas Moser

German Law

Andreas Moser