You are here:

German Law/German Divorce Decree


My ex husband refuses to provide a copy of my divorce decree. I was told it was in Hamburg Germany. How do I obtain a translated copy? A

For the divorce decree, you contact your lawyer.
If you were not represented by a lawyer, you contact the court.

For the translation, you send it to a translator.
For example to me. :-)

I can also help with contacting the court in German, but I would need more details. Please feel free to e-mail me at

Andreas Moser

German Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Andreas Moser


Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.


Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.


2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]