German New Medicine/In need of help

Question
Dear Doctor,
I am a 59 year old women from Australia. I have suffered from PTSD,Panic disorder ,Phobias and agoraphobia since I was 21,I agree with your statement that illnesses start with an emotional event, In 1985 I gave birth to twins 10 months after having a baby boy, they were 2 1/2 months premature but very healthy, I on the other hand had to have blood transfusion then ended up with graves decease,(overactive thyroid) eventually with the help of meds I overcome graves decease but had low b12 and iron and ferritin problems, I just got my blood test results b12 went up from 156 to 208,borderline is 150 to 250,my ferritin went up from 19 to 28 ,normal is between 30 upwards ,my vitamin D went up from 48 to 55 normal is over 50,My iron went down from 9 to 6 normal is  5 to 30,now I have phobias of injections ,not blood tests so I cannot  have b12 injections but I have been eating lamb liver, this has helped my b12 but not my iron, I do not understand this .I am not bleeding as I have gone through menopause at the age of 39,i am not losing weight .I am wondering if all the stressing out with my health phobias could be causing my problems, I also suffer from Asthma yet my spirometer shows readings of  fvc 122%fev1 104%its more congestion, I did find my father dead in his bed on his 65th birthday when I was 17 year old, i am terrified of death. Thank you so much for allowing me to express myself
Can you help me?
Helen

Answer
Dear Helen,

Your situation is complex, with many traumatic events throughout your life and lots of stress on your body, physically, as well. It is not surprising that your body is showing signs of deficiencies and your mind is stressing on so many phobias and anxiety.

There is no simple or quick solution in this case because it is loaded with background issues that also need resolution before you can fully relax. But some of your issues could be helped with homeopathic remedies. For example, low iron can be helped with the remedy FERRUM PHOS. in a 6C or slightly higher potency. New Era and Hylands sell the Ferrum phos. tissue salt that one can use dail to help the body function better on low iron.

Sequential Therapy can also help in quicky reversing the post-traumatic stress caused by events in your life that overwhelmed your mind or body or both. This is a method of working on past trauma with the use of homeopathic remedies. They are particularly effective in this type of work. To read more: http://realmedicineclinic.com/therapies/sequential-therapy/

Supplements, food and medication can re-balance some physiological problems for a while, but the imbalance is there due to your body not working properly and not the other way around. In fact, when we are under pressure and in crisis, our body changes the way it works and takes adaptive and reactive measures to help you out in a crisis. Long-term changes like that can cause physical problems because these useful and natural protective mechanisms in our body were not meant for long-term functioning.

We humans can spend a long time in stress or PTSD states until our system starts to fall into complete chaos. To restore it from that situation, one needs careful work and evaluation of what to fix when in order to make the treatment work well and at a good pace. Unfortunately, medication can fix one thing and destroy another. Supplements are better, but they can't remove the effects of trauma or our own anxious thoughts.

I hope this helps. You can achieve a lot with a good therapist and some homeopathy or heilkunst work.
I know of one practitioner out of New Zealand who is particularly good and I may know someone in Australia if you are interested in a referral. There is not much to be done on this forum for complex cases like yours, alas.

Warmly,
Ati

German New Medicine

Ati Petrov DHHP, DIHom (Pract.)