German Shepherds/malnutrition advice

Noemi wrote at 2013-08-09 03:49:39
Hi! If you want to go the natural way, try garlic for dewormer and cococut oil to help with intestinal wall inflammation. I have a GSD and she also had worms. Mince down 2 cloves of garlic per 60 lbs. Since she's still under 6 months start with one clove. Mix it with her food along with the coconut oil (perhaps start out with 1 tsp of the oil) For the dehydration, if drinking water isn't enough try buying baby Pedialyte, folowing the serving directions and mix it with her water. This will give her enough electrolytes and help her body recover,

I understand hpw worried you are. When I first found my shepherd was was abused, used only for breeding and abandoned. She's an old girl (11 years old this year) and weighed 40lbs when I took her in, almost dying. I took her to the vet but did research of my own. These tips helped my GSD bounce back. If this old girl was able to recover, I'm sure your baby will do just fine. A lot of patience is needed though. Hope you and your baby girl all the best!

German Shepherds

Labman