Germany/christianity in germany

Question
what types of church work already occur in germany???

Answer
Hello Nick,

thank you for your question. I am sorry for taking a while before answering your question.

There are mainly Catholic and Protestant (Lutheranian) churches in Germany. There are a lot of church organisations that fulfill several tasks like kindergartens, schools, hospitals etc. Those institutions exist parallel to the state organisations.
There are also wellfare organisations from the churches, giving food to poor people or provide a place where children can go after school to do their homework and play. These places are especially for children whose parents have to work a lot or who have family problems.
There are also organisations like "Brot für die Welt" of the Protestant churches who collect money for helping people in Third World Countries.

I hope this gives you an idea of the church work in Germany. I f you need more precise information, just let me know.

Kind regards
Janina

Germany

Janina