Germany/South Germany Tour

Dear Rangutan,

First thank you for volunteering on All Experts.

We are a group of 12 persons (6 couples) ages 50's - 60's and would like to take a holiday in south Germany for 7-10 days in early September.

Our group is interested in history, culture, museums, music and good food & wine.

We definitely want to spend a few days in Munich and visit surrounding area including Fusson and other areas of interest. We are open to the idea of renting 2 vans and take a drive tour but prefer to stay in 2 or maximum 3 locations, to avoid spending our holiday packing & unpacking.

If our trip can be arranged by a tour operator that will offer us accomodation, van rental + guides that would be an option to consider and would save us time in research,nplanning & bookings.

I would appreciate any advice you may have for us,

With my appreciation & best regards

Berr Reissen
Berr Reissen  
I suggest you use Munich as base and do the first 4-5 days with city transport. There are specials deals at for that, specially the 3-day partner ticket. Then there are special "after 9am" deals by train or bus for day-trips to the castles at Füssen, Salzburg, Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Dachau. There are operators that organise trips into the Alps, to the west and further like which I highly recommend. Car hire with petrol is a luxurious offer, petrol at €1,64 per liter and parking in cities is limited.
More questions? Please ask.

All about Munich (München) and the state of Bavaria (Bayern), related cities and towns, culture, history, travel highlights and assistance, also up-to-date information and about future events like Oktoberfest 2007, exhibitions, fairs or concerts... Any question generally about Germany or Europe too.

Live and work in Munich (12 years)