Germany/German Castles

I'm trying to identify the castle in the photo. I'm not sure if it is in Germany though. If it looks familiar, I'd appreciate it.

Hello William,

thank you for your question.

I wasn't able to identify the castle myself, but I managed to find someone online who recognized it. I hope it's alright that I posted the photo online.

That person told me that the castle is called Herrenhaus Mallin and it's located in the Northeast of Germany (in the Region of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern).
"Herrenhaus" means mansion or manor, and "Mallin" is the name of the place where it's located.

Here's a German wikipedia page about the manor:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

I live in Germany, so I am really at the source of politics and culture. You can ask me about entertainment, pop culture, politics of the day, general culture. I am also interested in German history, especially the time after 1945, i.e. the evolution of modern Germany, the division in Western and Eastern Germany, the fall of the Berlin wall. If you're wondering why some things are the way they are in Germany, don't hesitate to ask me, and I will try to give you a helpful answer.

I was born and spent most of my life in Germany. Right now I am living in Northwestern Germany. I am generally interested in politics and culture. Thus, I feel I should be able to help people from other countries understand Germany and German culture a little better.

I studied translation from English and French into German. I've been working as a freelance translator for 5 years now. So, I am able to understand and use the English language.