Ghosts and Hauntings/this just happened about an hour ago

im not sure if this is about ghosts or anything but i cant really understand what was going on i was dreaming that i was playing a video game online called modern warfare and i was talking to the other users with a head set (i dont have this game in real life i had one but got rid of it 2 years ago) so in the game i walked up to a corner and got stuck then i heard a female voice saying "how did you know that crouching was..." i couldnt understand anything else but what scared me was that right after she started talking i heard and got the feeling that my bed was being pounded as if someone else were there lying down and slamming it with his arms and legs the voice felt as if it was part of my dream like inside my head but the pounding felt as if it was coming from outside my head i remember actually waking up and shut my eyes closed and still hearing the pounding right besides me (but i dont think it was real noise since anyone else in my house got awaken) it lasted about 15 seconds around 3:30 am after that i layed down completely scared out of my mind for almost an hour and the first images of what i imagined was about demons and possessions after almost an hour i turned on the lights and started researching of what just happened but didnt find anything besides something called exploding head syndrome anyway its 5:10 am so this happened like 1-2 hours ago im very confused because i thought i had seen a lot i had a couple of sleep paralysis when i was little (not anymore) i have had several lucid dreams i have had that dream where you feel as if youve fallen on your bed but i had never experienced nothing like this before im a bit excited and very confused of what it was i hope youre able to help me
i swear this is no joke all i said is true im just looking for answers and this did just happen an hour or two before posting this

Hi Danny,

I believe that you are my first question from Mexico. I am always thrilled when I receive questions from other places. I am also glad that you sought out an expert that will give you the most logical and rational answer based on fact, not subjective, often unprovable, opinion. I think that you would appreciate that given the fact that you yourself looked online for a rational explanation for your experience. Good work!

Wow - Exploding Head Syndrome is a term that I haven't heard in a long while although I refer to its makeup fairly often when discussing things such as Pavor Nocturnus, hynpagogic states, nightmares and the such. The actual syndrome is actually more of a symptom, or symptoms rather than an actual disorder in itself and is often indicative of some other disorder or phenomena, depending on how you look at the events occurring. What you experienced is broadly known as a parasomatic event. The "para" prefix in this case has little to do with "para"normal phenomena.

During a parasomatic event you are subject to strange movements, noises, emotional feelings [including fright, confusion, a presence in the area,], auditory and visual hallucinations that seen very real, etc. When the conscious mind meets the subconscious mind in a state where the sleeper is between the sleep and awake state they have a "How do you do?" encounter and these are often confusing.

To be more specific, what you most likely experienced is known in the field as a "False Awakening". This would explain most of what happened during your event. I do not believe that you suffered a Night Terror, the aforementioned Pavor Nocturnus, as what happened to you only has some of the needed criteria.

Usually when a parasomatic event occurs the sufferer either has a lot of recent stress or a lot of built up fatigue. Were you partying this weekend? Just kidding. Seriously though, I doubt if you are likely to have this repeat itself, although in very rare circumstances recurring episodes for a brief period of time have been reported. Worrying about this will only substantiate it into your subconscious and you will create the environment for repeated episodes. Recognize it as what it is, a freak psychological occurrence.

I would suggest that you remove your clock radio [I naturally assume everyone uses one] from your bedside. During my investigations of haunted sites I have noticed that 95% of our clients have a clock radio within 4 feet of their heads. These devices have high electromagnetic signatures - after all they are built to receive radio signals which are electromagnetic waves. These can effect the temporal lobe of the brain and this can cause parasomatic and paranormal-like events.

You may wish to download the Brown noise sample from our website. The instructions are on the page. You should find that your sleep improves. Check out the page next week when we will have a new White/Brown Noise sample online. You'll find it on the following page

Danny, I hope that this has shed some light on what happened to you the other night. If you have any more questions or concerns - I'm here to help.

Take care,

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.