Ghosts and Hauntings/Lighting fixture rotates lights turned on

Question
After my Mom passed away our lighting fixture in our kitchen has rotated which lights will work and it can be different everyday. When changing bulbs it makes no difference. This week my daughter was going to school and when I said by to her a different light fixture turned on and then off and did it again when she left. My husband brought in a couch and when I took a picture of it to sell there was an orbe on the couch that you could only see in the picture. Took another pic seconds later in the same spot and it was gone. Have dreams that my Mom is healthy randomly as well.

Answer
Hi Lisa,

I believe that you are my first questioner from Atlantic Canada... Hello Prince Edward Island! Thank you for your question.

You do not mention how long it has been since your mother's passing, hence how long the activity has been occurring. I'll guess not much more than a couple of years. I will begin by addressing the issue of the orb. Unfortunately there are so many logical reasons for the existence of orbs that many in the field of paranormal research have pretty much given up on the paranormal explanation aspect of them, at least for the time being. The main fault lays with the workings of digital cameras and the CCD [Charged Coupled Device] or CMOS [Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor] circuitry. So many false positives have been revealed that, for many, orbs have been put on the back burner. Now we are left with two questions, " Is it possible that the orb was a ghost caught on a photographic medium?, yes - Is it probable given the data on orbs?, not really.

I ask myself those questions often in this line of work. "Is it possible?" followed by, "Is it probable?".  99.9 percent of the time the answer to the first question is, "Yes". The answer to the second depends on the situation and the evidence.  

There is a chance that your mother is 'contacting' you with the lights. This would be more so if she enjoyed a laugh or a joke in life, as this seems more of a game more than anything else. In other words, I do not believe that she is a mission ghost set out to give a warning or anything like that. If she has a message at all, it is probably that she is fine and that there is an afterlife. Using the lights is her way of letting you, and others know that she is still around.

Lisa, this is all fine and good, and seemingly harmless, but I do have one concern that I would like to share with you. There is an excellent chance that your mother has remained behind on the earth realm and not crossed over into the spirit realm, or into the light as it is often referred to. What makes me think this is the regularity of the occurrences. An evolved spirit may make it's presence known once in a while, and usually for a purpose. Otherwise they are occupied in the spirit realm doing spirit things. It seems to me that your mom is spending a lot of time near the earth plain causing me to surmise that she is a ghost.
As much as she is enjoying her time with you and yours, she is not where she belongs and is actually undermining her growth and advancement. As a ghost she is trapped, although she may be thoroughly enjoying herself now, this is not good in the long run. As a spirit she will be free to travel the path between the realm of the spirits and realm of the physically living without hindrance.

My suggestion is that you gently talk with her and explain the situation. Tell her that she needs to go into the light where she can evolve as a spirit. Tell her that there she will gain the ability to come and go as she pleases and that she is always welcome to visit. Tell her that she needs to be in the light so that she is there to take loved ones over when it is their turn to go. Explain that her family and friends that have already passed over are waiting there for her, and you need her there to wait for you. Tell her to look up and she will see those who wait for her. You may have to do this on a few different occasions for it to take effect.  

At this point she has the option to go into the light. Earthbound souls must always be given that option. Don't worry, she will come back to visit.

I hope that this has helped shed some light on your questions. Feel free to contact me with any more questions or concerns - I'm here to help.

Take care,  

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha