Ghosts and Hauntings/They Seek Me

Ever since I was little, shadows have always come and spoken to me, white and black, in the shape of people. But there was never anyone to create them. And they always knew my name. As a little girl, I'd speak to them, not seeing a differnce between them and actual people. It doesn't happen so much now, but I still see them. It's as if they seek me out....I'm always the only person who knows of them Am I insane? I'm told this is what spirits look like. And When talking to my aunt, I'm not the only one in my family who has been able to see them like I do. Both my aunts have been able to speak to them as children, and one still can see them. In fact, almost sixth sence things run in my blood. I can almost profetic and hear people's thoughts at random. My younger aunt used to be able to tell if people were bad and wht for, as well as see my dead great aunt, and my older aunt can speak with these spirits as I do and can tell when one of her friends is thinking of her. When I  learned of this, I thought maybe I'm not crzy. But would there be a reason they seek me out? or am I really insane?

Hi Coaley
  Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings with your questions. You are not insane, insane people rarely question their sanity. I believe that what you are experiencing has an explanation. There are many people in this world who claim to be mediums, that they possess an ability to in some way communicate with those who have passed on. And most of these people are wrong. Many are plain fakes, some have convinced themselves that they have a gift [wishful thinking or self-delusion], and some may be suffering from a psychosis such as a dissociative personality/identity disorder, schizophrenia, or other mental condition that alters a persons sense of reality. [I am certain that that last sentence annoyed a lot of so called "mediums"].

However, from what I gather from the information that you have given is that you have an inborn, genetically inherited ability. That makes it a genuine talent and that makes it rare. It is said, assumed really, that everyone has the "gift", and to a certain degree that may be true. Lets compare mediumship to musical talent. We can assume that we all have the ability to hum a tune; some of us can learn to be brilliant musicians, but it is rare that one can start composing at the age of five like Mozart. Most mediums, the real ones that is, are either born with the art, become psychic after a traumatic life [or death] event, or develop a mediocre gift with practice.

Usually true mediumship runs in families although it may skip certain members or a whole generation. Genetics is funny that way. The ability is usually found in the females. As a rule mediums are found, in order of how many have the ability, primarily in females, secondly in gay males, and finally in straight males. The genetic trait may be due to differences in the pineal gland [I won't go into details]. Differences in brain chemistry and/or lobe function may also play a role.

Children do have a better grasp of the "paranormal" abilities to associate with ghosts and spirits. The brain is full of activity between the ages of 18 months and 6 years. Children can also access the gamma wave frequency of brain waves that becomes dormant in most adults. These frequencies, above 30 Hz, can be accessed by psychics and mediums [the real ones]. Children's eye physiology may also be a reason for their ability to see those on the other side. A we grow most of us lose what little psychic ability we have as real life takes over and soon jobs, money concerns, relationships, school - what have you - dominates our minds and the gifts get placed on the back burner. However you, and certain members of your family have kept the ability within reach.

The problem is that you have not developed your talent. Some with the "gift" actually consider it a curse. It all depends on how one looks at it. Some want to develop the gift and some want to "return to sender". The decision is yours. In any case, be certain to ask your spirit guides to keep you protected because, yes, you do attract ghosts. A true medium is like a beacon to the decreased. Imagine if you will the deceased wanting to communicate with the living but the majority of us don't even know that they exist. Then the see someone who "glows". I am sure that you have heard of the movie, "The Shining". Shining is a term used to describe mediumistic ability as they "shine" in the eyes of the ghost and that shining is an attractant. In their minds they are saying, "Look! There is someone who will notice us...".
You will want your guides and your doorkeepers [spirit bodyguards, a.k.a. gatekeepers], to keep the undesirables away from you.

So Coaley, you are not crazy or insane. You are uncertain about what has happened to you, what might happen, and the phenomena that makes you a special individual. But you also have the intelligence to question and seek answers. Never lose that. You may find some web sites that can help in the Misc. and General Interest category of the following page from the Eidolon Project Canada's web site

You will also want to use the following to seek protection. Better safe than sorry.
"I call
Before me, Raphael.
Behind me, Gabriel.
To my right hand, Michael.
To my left hand, Uriel
To surround me, my Guides, Guardians and Protectors
of the divine pure white light.
I ask that you surround me with your protection. I ask that my Gate-keepers from the pure white light to keep all malicious, malevolent, evil and negative energies, entities, beings and all earthbound souls away from my being and my possessions. I ask that my protectors surround me at all times and in all places with the protective light. I ask this in the name of all that is pure and holy. As I ask, so must it be."
You may also decide to wear a protective amulet. I wear pentacles and a red string tied in seven knots [from the Kabbalah] on my left wrist. Find what appeals and works for you.

I hope that this has helped shed some light on your concerns. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Take care,
Greg Pocha / All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.