Ghosts and Hauntings/Friends suicide

There has been something thatbhas been on my mind recently that I'm sure that you can help me with. Two months ago a close friend committed suicide. No one saw it coming so needless to say friends and family were shocked.
My concern and hence my question is about my friends afterlife. Is she suffering because of her actions?
Thank you.

Hello Paula,

Thank you for writing to me at AllExperts / Ghosts and Hauntings with your thought provoking question. It is indeed tragic not only for the victim of a suicide but also for those left in the wake. I had a private question just last month from somebody who was apparently intent in committing suicide and wanted to know where she was heading after the fact. As that question was from a completely different country than where your's is originating from I'll assume that this was not your friend, which is a safe assumption due to the shear number of these unfortunate events. Obviously I had to ponder my answer to her for quite some time as I in no way was going to present a rosy picture of an after-suicide afterlife if there was any chance what-so-ever that it would contribute to a decision to the worse.

That being said, one can only go by what is recorded by people who have committed suicide and were brought back to life thus giving them a view into the afterlife via a Near Death Experience [NDE] or by what mediums have related from suicides. Although there are various opinions the general consensus is that the victim of a suicide is not spending an eternity in hell or other place of punishment as a result of their actions. The Catholic church, who was at one time big on the "Go directly to Hell, Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200." mentality of condemning those who committed suicide has changed their tune admitting that those who commit suicide are not of the right mind, that they are ill and that one does not go to hell for being ill. Unfortunately not all denominations of religion feel the same way.

The light that shines for those who experience a natural death or one by accident or homicide, etc. shines just as brightly as the one that shines for a suicide. The problem is that many people beliving in what they have been told by their church or by society in general are frightened to go into the light for fear of a harsh judgment and an eternity in a non-existent hell. Yes, they will be subject to the same life review as the rest of us who journey into the light. They will in essence judge themselves. However, as the light is pure unconditional love and forgiveness there will be no "punishment". It is thought that the suicide, having prematurely ended their life will take more time to heal and learn [evolve] in the spirit realm. Of course there are those who will insist on the hell scenario, but they are few and far between and do not hold the view of the afterlife of a suicide that the majority do, including 90% of those who have been there.

I would recommend that you find the book "The Other Side" written by the Episcopalian Bishop James Pike. In it he relates the afterlife communication that he shared with his son, Jim Pike Jr. after the latter's suicide. Jim Pike Jr. relates what it is like in the spirit realm for a suicide. In actuality, as another person close to Bishop Pike also commited suicide, her story of the afterlife is also briefly touched on. I also belief that Allison DuBois and James van Praagh deal with suicides in many of their books.

Hopefully your friend made the decision to go into the light. If not, and you feel her presence, talk to her as you would a friend and strongly suggest that she go into the light. Tell her, very honestly, that she has nothing to fear and that a new life awaits her, as do many loved ones who passed before her. Tell her that the light is unconditional love and forgiveness and understanding, not judgment. Above all else Paula, you must know that regardless of how she got into the light, she is in a better place and she will have a chance to learn from her errors, to evolve and to forgive herself.

If you feel that I can be of any more help, please feel free to contact me, I'm here to help.

Take care,
Greg Pocha / All Experts.

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.