Ghosts and Hauntings/Father's ashes and wishes.

Question
Hello,
I have a bit of a dilemma that I hope that you could help me with. My father recently passed away. As he requested he was cremated. I was always close to him so I keep his ashes in my home. The thing that I am facing, and am concerned about is that he always said that he wanted his ashes scattered in the forest near the home he grew up in. He loved it there. I promised him that I would do so, but haven't the heart to get rid of his remains. Is there a chance that he could be, well, not at peace because of my actions. Can this lead to problems in the future?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello,

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts, Ghosts and Hauntings with your concerns. First I would like to offer my condolences for your loss.

You do not mention how much time has elapsed between the passing of your father and today. If it has been awhile, you likely have little to worry about regarding his unrest. If it was fairly recently, there may not have been enough time for him to react. Therefore a concrete answer eludes me. That being said I will share some experiences of other's and that may give you a better understanding of what may happen down the road.

Let me say that if your father has gone into the light he is on his way to becoming an evolving and growing being, a spirit [as opposed to a ghost]. If this is the case he has no concerns as to his body or it's final resting place. Such matters are below him, no pun intended. Issues like that are trivial at best to spirits. If time has passed and nothing out of the ordinary has happened, he is likely in the light. He has a new life in an astral body and his old shell, it's state and it's re      sting place no longer concerns him.

On the other hand there are cases where people have remained earth bound because their wishes were not fulfilled. I will list a few examples. [Forgive me if exact details escape me, but I have read thousands of antidotal accounts of hauntings so exact details are fuzzy] I recall of a case in Canada where a family was haunted by the unhappy ghost of a deceased mother. It seems that the issue was that she was not buried in the dress that she had specified to her daughters that she wanted to be buried in. Apparently, there was a good reason as to why that particular dress could not be used. Once the ghost had the explanation, which I fail to remember, she was at rest and never returned. I assume that she went lightward.

More in accordance to your situation, I have investigated a case where the daughter of the deceased also had her mother cremated. And similar to you, she decided to keep the ashes in the master bedroom despite the mother's wishes to have the cremains scattered in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. There was a fair amount of unexplainable activity afterward. Despite my advice to scatter the ashes thus fulfilling the request and laying the ghost, they remain to this day in the daughter's possession... and the residence remains haunted.

If you wish to keep the cremains, why all? You might solve the problem with a compromise. Keep some [10%] but scatter the remaining 90% where he wished. Then if anything out of the ordinary happens, which I doubt, the other 10% could be added. Doing so does not in any way remove any love or closeness that you shared. Those are held in the heart, not in the hand, and definitely not in an urn.

I will caution that different States and Provinces have laws and regulations where cremains are allowed to be distributed. You will have to look that up for your area. The rest is up to you.

I am not saying that keeping the cremains will result in activity or a haunting. Likely not. Every situation is different and only time will tell. The decision is ultimately yours, but I will ask, what will happen to the cremains when you pass? Where will they ultimately end up? Chances are that they will end up somewhere that neither one of you would like. Just something to consider.

I hope that this has given you some insight. If there is anything else that you feel that I can assist you with, I am here to help.

Take care,
Greg Pocha / All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha