Ghosts and Hauntings/Father's ashes and wishes.

Advertisement


Question
Hello,
I have a bit of a dilemma that I hope that you could help me with. My father recently passed away. As he requested he was cremated. I was always close to him so I keep his ashes in my home. The thing that I am facing, and am concerned about is that he always said that he wanted his ashes scattered in the forest near the home he grew up in. He loved it there. I promised him that I would do so, but haven't the heart to get rid of his remains. Is there a chance that he could be, well, not at peace because of my actions. Can this lead to problems in the future?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello,

  Thank you for writing to me at All Experts, Ghosts and Hauntings with your concerns. First I would like to offer my condolences for your loss.

  You do not mention how much time has elapsed between the passing of your father and today. If it has been awhile, you likely have little to worry about regarding his unrest. If it was fairly recently, there may not have been enough time for him to react. Therefore a concrete answer eludes me. That being said I will share some experiences of other's and that may give you a better understanding of what may happen down the road.

 Let me say that if your father has gone into the light he is on his way to becoming an evolving and growing being, a spirit [as opposed to a ghost]. If this is the case he has no concerns as to his body or it's final resting place. Such matters are below him, no pun intended. Issues like that are trivial at best to spirits. If time has passed and nothing out of the ordinary has happened, he is likely in the light. He has a new life in an astral body and his old shell, it's state and it's re      sting place no longer concerns him.

  On the other hand there are cases where people have remained earth bound because their wishes were not fulfilled. I will list a few examples. [Forgive me if exact details escape me, but I have read thousands of antidotal accounts of hauntings so exact details are fuzzy] I recall of a case in Canada where a family was haunted by the unhappy ghost of a deceased mother. It seems that the issue was that she was not buried in the dress that she had specified to her daughters that she wanted to be buried in. Apparently, there was a good reason as to why that particular dress could not be used. Once the ghost had the explanation, which I fail to remember, she was at rest and never returned. I assume that she went lightward.

  More in accordance to your situation, I have investigated a case where the daughter of the deceased also had her mother cremated. And similar to you, she decided to keep the ashes in the master bedroom despite the mother's wishes to have the cremains scattered in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. There was a fair amount of unexplainable activity afterward. Despite my advice to scatter the ashes thus fulfilling the request and laying the ghost, they remain to this day in the daughter's possession... and the residence remains haunted.

  If you wish to keep the cremains, why all? You might solve the problem with a compromise. Keep some [10%] but scatter the remaining 90% where he wished. Then if anything out of the ordinary happens, which I doubt, the other 10% could be added. Doing so does not in any way remove any love or closeness that you shared. Those are held in the heart, not in the hand, and definitely not in an urn.

  I will caution that different States and Provinces have laws and regulations where cremains are allowed to be distributed. You will have to look that up for your area. The rest is up to you.

  I am not saying that keeping the cremains will result in activity or a haunting. Likely not. Every situation is different and only time will tell. The decision is ultimately yours, but I will ask, what will happen to the cremains when you pass? Where will they ultimately end up? Chances are that they will end up somewhere that neither one of you would like. Just something to consider.

  I hope that this has given you some insight. If there is anything else that you feel that I can assist you with, I am here to help.

Take care,
Greg Pocha / All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings

Ghosts and Hauntings

All Answers


Answers by Expert:


Ask Experts

Volunteer


Greg Pocha

Expertise

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Experience

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.



Publications
Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Education/Credentials

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, et.al. This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.



Past/Present Clients
Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.

©2016 About.com. All rights reserved.