Ghosts and Hauntings/paranormal experience

On halloween of 2009 I had a party with friends and family. I had my house inside and outside decorated. I took many photos and the party went well.
after everyone was gone and the house was quiet, me and my fiance at the time layed down to sleep. I decided to watch the movie halloween with micheal myers.
my fiance was passed out. I was laying in bed watching this movie. when it was over I shut the tv and dvd off and layed in bed.  As i was laying there in the dark I started hearing banging noises. it seemed to be far away but it kept getting closer and closer. just one bang at a time. this happened at least 6 times getting closer each time.
I nudged my fiance and woke him up.. and said derrick are you awake.. hes like whats going on im like listen.. im hearing banging noises. the bangs happened 2 more times then silence.. and all of a sudden the bang happened at our bedroom door. as if someone took both fists and slammed on the door as hard as they could. we both jumped up immediately and he turned the night lamp on. grabbed the baseball bat from the closet and went out into the hallway. turning all the lights on we checked all the doors to make sure they were locked, every bedroom.. no one was home. the house was completely empty.  to this day we are unable to explain what had happened.
time passed and i was telling a friend about this experience. we got on the topics of paranormal activity and what not. then she started talking to be about orbs. I never knew what orbs were so i googled them.. and read about it.
then going through my pictures one day of that night of the incident I couldnt believe what I saw. I instantly remembered what she had said about orbs, and from my research of what orbs look like and in my picture that I had taken that night it looks like an orb. this picture was taken around eleven and when i started hearing the bangs it was around 3am..
sooo.. my question is from looking at this pic does this look like an orb?

Eidolon Project Canada Image Analysis-THS
Eidolon Project Canada  

Eidolon Project Canada Image Analysis-ST
Eidolon Project Canada  

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings. I have been able to take a more in depth look at the photograph of the orb that you sent me. I will begin by saying that this is not an insect as we know, both of us living in Alberta that due to the frigid temperatures anything that flies or crawls out doors is pretty much history by the end of October in Alberta.  

Unfortunately this photograph has been altered and/or processed as it registers as a Class 1 in my software that detects alterations in photographs. There is very little EXIF information as well. This may all be due to the process of the very act of downloading and sending as attachments.

When the threshold of the photo was adjusted you can see that there are only two hot spots left in the photo, that of the orb and that of the flash bounce in the window. This indicates that there is a strong possibility that the orb is indeed bounced flash. I am questioning as to whether or not the window itself is a double pane, that is two windows, one inside and one outter. That would explain the double bounce in the flash in the window. This would also explain, taking angle into consideration why the orb has a blurry edge, especially on it's left hand side.

I have attached the two photos of our analysis. One is of the threshold showing the only two areas of light that remain, that of the orb and that of the bounced flash and a photo of the blur that is to the left of the orb indicating that it is bounced flash or reflected light.

I wish that my answer could have been more positive, but that is the very nature of "orbs".The vast majority are nothing more than explainable phenomena and that is why they are losing any credibility in paranormal research. Obviously controll must be taken when taking photographs that are meant to document paranormal activity. However, as your photograph was obviously meant to capture a moment on a Halloween night, it was a pleasure picture, and one that could make a good story for Halloween nights in the future!

If there is anything else that you feel that I could help you with please feel free to write, I'm here to help.
Take careGreg Pocha / All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.