Ghosts and Hauntings/Crosses

Question
Hello,

Quick Question. I recently moved, ive noticed on every door(both sides), door frame,cabinets you name it someone has scratched in crosses in sets of 3. On 2 doors there are multiple sets..

Any ideas?

Answer

Thank you for writing me at Ghosts and Hauntings / All Experts. Sorry for the late reply. The first thing that I want you to do is to not associate the markings with anything paranormal, ghostly and especially "demonic" at this time. Although this may appear on the surface to be a protective measure taken by the former owner, thus prompting you to contact an expert in the field, I do not believe this to be the case unless other events occur. Your very mental state because of these carvings may be enough for events, of your own unconscious doing, to make it appear as if something otherworldly is happening. Thus it is important that you understand this before you start fearing and reacting to what is probably explainable.

Three crosses signify the Crosses of the Calvary. As far as I know, this symbol has never been officially used to ward off evil or as a barrier to "demons". The whole idea of the 3 crosses represents rejection and redemption. The thief on Christ's left (I believe) did not believe Christ was much more than a man and rejected his Holiness, so to speak. The thief on Christ's right accepted Jesus as the savior and accepted him as the son of God. He saw Paradise with Christ that day, by the Grace of the Lord he was Redeemed. Therefore, the carver of the crosses may have been seeking redemption rather than protection. From what I couldn't tell you.

Personally, and I suppose that means professionally, I believe that the carver was suffering from either a type of Religious Fanaticism, or had a psychological / psychiatric issue, including, but not limited to paranoia, paranoid personality disorder, paranoid schizophrenia, or any other number of disorders described in the DSM-IV,

Let's take this as a possible hypothesis: The carver is having illusions that he is under demon attack. He eventually contacts a "demonologist" or some other who is supposedly knowledgeable in the "field". This harebrain assumes that if one cross is good then wow, three must be like kryptonite to Superman. He may have said to make any and all doorways (that would include cupboards, etc.) as "they" may enter there. Now the carver, already suffering from a mental disorder sucks this up like a Bounty towel. And the rest is history (and a great deal of sanding and staining / painting for you). Remember that this is only a possibility. The bottom line is that the person was most likely unstable.  

Only time will tell if there is a ghostly presence or not. If so, that is another story. But sane people do not do what he had done and most who are under "demonic" attack use more tangible objects such as actual crucifixes, statues of Christ, Mary, and Saints, not to mention Bibles, Holy water and Holy salt, and home blessings. Carving is a little "out there".

My suggestion, get the locks changed. I hope that this has helped answer your concerns and I hope that I explained the three crosses in enough detail for you to understand. In my field I touch on religion, but mostly in their concepts with the afterlife and ghosts. As an atheist (it keeps my opinions and answers unbiased) I am certainly no expert on that subject. However, there are experts here that you may consult if you need more information try
http://www.allexperts.com/cl1/15/religionspirit/
However if the situation warrants my help in any way, write to me immediately!

In any case, all my best with your new home. Live happy and the atmosphere will absorb that happiness.

Warmest regards,

Greg Pocha / Ghosts and Hauntings / All Experts

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha