Ghosts and Hauntings/spirits

Hello. After my father died, he had a basement office. I went to clean it and was playing obnoxious music very loudly.

A spirit came and slammed the cupboard and then slammed my desk later. Meaning, why did you play that obnoxious music that loudly? It was letting me know I had angered it.

Was this my father, or a poltergeist, or an evil spirit?

I hear someone stumbling around loudly in my bedroom all the time. Yesterday I went downstairs and my dad's computer was on. Huh.

How to tell the difference?

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings with your questions. Please accept my respects in regards to your father's passing.

Working with the information that you have given me I can assure you that you have not attracted the attention of any type of evil entity. As for the question of whether this is a poltergeist or not depends on how one regards the word. A ghost if making itself known is by very definition being a poltergeist or a noisy ghost. Therefore all active ghosts are in essence poltergeists, but not all ghosts are havoc making bullies [polterer-geists]. So in essence, yes, you are experiencing poltergeist activity. That activity however is likely being caused by the person that you suspect, namely your father.

One of the things that I do in my work is spectral profiling, or determining the psychological make up of discarnate individuals, those who have passed on into death but who have not, for whatever reason, moved on into the light. Based on your information I have to at this time suppose that the ghost is that of your father. The activity seems to have started after his passing, which is the best indication of who is responsible for the activity. As for the music, I have to assume that you mean that the music you were playing would have been obnoxious to your father, and not to you as few of us play music loudly that we do not enjoy. It seems to me that his reaction in death would be pretty much the same as his reaction while he was alive. The difference being that he is terribly limited in the way that he can now get that point across. His actions were his way of showing annoyance and disapproval. If earth bound he likely considers the residence as his and the office as his. Being possessive and "materialistic" is a common factor among ghosts. In particular to his office, he may have found the whole scene disrespectful.

The incident with the computer, being his, adds to the supposition that the activity is being caused by your father. As for the noise in your room you must eliminate any and all possible rational causes first. However as the activity seems to be recent and only after his passing I might guess that your father may be looking for something, possibly of his and important to him, in your room such as papers, jewelry, a photograph... or something that was either lost or moved from a place he had for it to another location. If this rings a bell, you may want to replace the object. Again, I can only speculate.

I would try talking to him and explain to him that he should move into the light before he becomes permanently  earthbound. First ask that your guardians, guides and gatekeepers of the pure white light to surround you and your home in a shield of protection. That is to keep ghostly outsiders away. Then softly address your dad and sincerely tell him that those who have died before him, his family and friends, are waiting for him in the light. Ask that both your and your fathers spirit guides attend to him and help him cross over. Guides and such know your needs so a lengthy explanation is unnecessary [pomp and ceremony is more for the living than the astral beings]. And most importantly explain to him that he will learn how to travel from the light back to the earth realm and that is is always free and welcome to visit.

Yours is not a difficult or unsolvable situation. You are in no harm from any type of evil entity unless you go about attempting communication with deceased beings without protection as I explained. Most harm from ghosts is due to the haunted, not the haunter. If you require more answers or other help, please let know. I hope that this has helped clear matters up a bit for you/

Take care,

Greg Pocha / All Experts / Ghosts and Hauntings

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.