Ghosts and Hauntings/Dark Figure of Man

I was wondering if you can help me figure out what may be happening in my house.  I come from a family where a good deal of the women in the family seem to have psychic abilities of  varying levels and I've had various paranormal experiences over the years myself.  Having said that, I am concerned with my oldest daughter and son who are now seeing things in the house.  We have lived in our home for 15 years and throughout these years, my husband and I have heard various things, I heard distinctly the word "mom" being called to me when alone in the house, we've smelled cigarette smoke, heavy footsteps at night only to sprint up to look and see no one, screams in our pillow (I know that sounds weird),  but nothing really too threatening or too scary and the kids seem to have not noticed up till recently.    I am glad my husband has heard things here and there so I know I'm not crazy, so we leave things alone and try not worry too much about it, as we have had these things go on for so long and nothing bad has happened.  In the past two years though, my son has seen a dark, solid black man figure in his room twice that just stands there.  He wakes up feeling like he is being watched, He turns on the light and its gone.  He has moved to college and won't sleep in his room on breaks at home.  My daughter has seen this as well, her room is across from him, but it was standing at the foot of her bed, seemed to be dressed in her boyfriend's clothing but with a hat, no facial features, all black, except for the clothes and she has been freaked out ever since.  She said she know absolutely she was awake with her eyes opened.  She hit the light on her phone and this thing, turned into like a cloud but the head and hat stayed in tact and it slid up to the top of the wall and disappeared!!! I did a blessing with salt in her room and nothing happened for a while, but just this past week she has seen a spirit in the hallway outside her door, it turned, looked right at her, but did not come into her room.  She has never seen spirits before, she is 23 and she is freaked out and I am panicking about what it is, why she is seeing this now at her age and if any of this could be dangerous.  My husband and
I smudged the house and blessed with salt again, but I don't know if there is anything more I should do?  Do you have any idea what this could be, how to get rid of these spirits?  Any help or advice you can give me would be so incredibly appreciated.  

Thank you so much"

Hi Joan,
In a word, "YES!" there is a lot more that you can do. First, do not worry that the figure is dark. Dark does not mean evil as many would have you believe. There are a number of reasons, all of which I will be covering in my book.

The saging [smudging] and salt are fine for weak to medium hauntings, yours is a bit stronger than a medium haunting! You need to bring out the big guns. You need a full ceremony and special ingredients. I do not give that information out online as I do not want to make it public in case of misuse. I will be happy to get you all of the information if you write to me directly at

The info is free and I am sure it will help... it's what we use in extreme hauntings.

Incidentally, they are there because of the psychical abilities of your family. In their point of view, why waste valuable energy performing for an audience that is totally unaware of them?

I look forward to your reply so that I can help you one on one,

Greg Pocha / All Experts

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.