Ghosts and Hauntings/My English Project

Hello, for maybe the final time! I have a few questions from the answers you've given me along with some additional questions. As always, thank you again for your help. I am very appreciative that you have taken the time out of your schedule to help me with my project!

When ghosts don't appear in photographs but are still in the lens' sight of view, will their energy affect the photo? If so, how?
What is an EXIF? How does it tell you that the photo is manipulated?
Is there any way to create your own fake photo of a ghost with just an IPhone camera?

EMF Spectrum
EMF Spectrum  

1- No, not necessarily. Perhaps with specialty cameras that have been modified to capture deep infra-red or ultra violet [or owing NASA quality equipment] it might be doable. Even then, our eyes are only capable of seeing a very narrow section of the electromagnetic field [EMF]. The EMF ranges from very low radio waves to ultra high gamma waves. Visible light falls somewhere in the middle. The entire spectrum consists of massless photons. Photons are energy and energy is heat and heat creates light [remembering that heat and temperature are not the same thing in physics]. Even if the ghost is captured via digital means, if it does not show up with-in our range of visible EMFs, hence we still will not be able to see it. At least without editing it.

Another consideration is the possibility that ghost personally does not want to show up on a photograph and therefore does not create enough energy to do so, or walks away. Also bear in mind that any energy follows the inverse square principle so the ghosts energy level AND distance will play a factor.

2- EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format. Basically is gives one information regarding the properties of the image. Basic things listed would be date, time, type of camera or device, SO speed, if flash was used, the speed of the shutter, the focal length and GPS info if available.

When I analyze a photo one of the first things I do is to look at the EXIF information. If this information is missing then I know that the photo sent to me is not an original. That immediately makes me suspicious. The use of flash also makes me double think any image as flash is responsible for many misidentified {not deliberately faked} or fake photos.

I will also use programs to help determine if the photo has been edited in any way. These include programs that can be found on line such as 'Image Edited?' and

3- It is because of the ease of manipulating photographs, both past and especially in the digital age that photographs of ghosts are taken so lightly. The apps that are found on the internet for smart phones are obviously fakes. However with a decent photo editor certain effects can be used to create ghost like images. A simple line drawn on a photo and then blurred can appear ghost like. A smudge of Vaseline or oil on the lens will give a hazy effect. Blowing cold breath or smoke across the lens, hanging a hair or sting across the lens, especially in front of the flash, slow shutter speeds used on low light settings, shooting through a reflective surface with someone standing in front, shooting into a light source... these can all, with a bit of practice give a fake image of a ghost. I need to add that all of the above can also be done accidentally and that is when people, not realizing their error, think that they have captured something paranormal.

Again, good luck with your assignment. With the amount of work you have put into it I think you'll get an outstanding grade. You know where to reach me if you need any more help.

Greg Pocha,
Ghosts and Hauntings,
All Experts

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha

RATED: TOP EXPERT in this Category. Ghosts - Hauntings - Paranormal & Preternatural Phenomena - Parapsychology - Death/Afterlife Studies

Director of Parapsychology and Paranormal Studies (Eidolon Project Canada)

Mr. Pocha will not accept Donations, "Prestige Points" or Ratings.

Greg shares his experience and knowledge as a special consultant on All Experts to help people find educated and unbiased answers from a professional in the field. He will be happy to answer your questions on the following subjects:Greg is backed by his team of PROFESSIONAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS. Do not feel afraid of, or apprehensive about, asking your question. If it falls outside Greg's area of knowledge, he will let you know. He also realizes, through experience, that some people are uneasy asking questions about a haunting. Greg is here to help, not to judge. Greg realizes that although one can not be considered an "expert" of the 'otherside' until one actually gets there, he will not boast false modesty by downplaying his knowledge. Also realize that he will give you straight forward, down to earth answers, not flowery, new age hippy speak.

Greg Pocha is the Director of Paranormal & Parapsychological Studies for the Eidolon Project Canada. Mr. Pocha is also a leading authority on 'Spectral Profiling'. He has been actively researching and investigating the paranormal in relation to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity, parapsychology, psychical research and other closely related areas as a professional since 1999 although his interest and study of the paranormal goes back nearly a half century. He is one of the founders of 'Eidolon Project Canada', an organization that researchs and investigates hauntings at no cost to their clients. Besides studying the subjects that most people consider 'paranormal', Greg also studies subjects such as Near Death Experiences, and other scientific areas. Greg has instructed the Paranormal Studies course for Edmonton Public School's Adult Continuing Education department. He has also given seminars for Edmonton Public Libraries programs. Greg continues adding to his knowledge through study and his continued active involvement in research and investigations of hauntings throughout his home province of Alberta, Canada. Mr. Pocha has been called in to offer his expertise and assist in independent investigations. His input and opinions are sought after and respected.

Greg is currently in the working stages of his first book, "BEYOND: Recognition {Ghosts, Hauntings and Spectral Profiling}". Note: This is an actual book, not a vanity published e-book.

Outside of practical hands-on experience and field work for over a decade, Greg owns a private reference library approaching 1,000 books dealing with the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, parapsychology, physics, medical and other related subject. Here is a subject sampling of this extensive library:GHOSTS - HAUNTINGS - POLTERGEIST - CLASSICAL & QUANTUM THEORY - ENCYCLOPEDIAS / DICTIONARIES / ANTHOLOGIES on PARANORMAL STUDIES - TEXTS on PARAPSYCHOLOGY - DEMONOLOGY - CASE STUDIES - INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES - HISTORY / MYTHOLOGY of GHOSTS - THANATOLOGY - NEAR DEATH STUDIES - HOSPICE CARE - PSYCHICAL STUDIES - BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOLOGY - etc.. Authors include: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, Stephan Hawking, Paul Davis, Carl Sagan, Allison DuBois, James van Praagh, Derek Achora, John Robert Columbo, Dr.Raymond Moody Jr., Dr.Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Maurice Rawlings, Dr.Melvin Morse, Dr.Janis Amatuzio, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Harry Price, Hans Holzer, Andrew Lang, Ed & Lorraine Warren, A.Arthur Findlay, Nandor Fudor, Colin Wilson, Plato, DeCarte, Nietzshce, This ever growing library is available should references need to be made to help in answering your questions. Greg's on-going education in the paranormal and parapsychology fields is unending.

Due to confidentiality agreements made with our clients guaranteeing their anonymity, I can not list past/current clients. All of our investigations are refered to by case number only. Personal information regarding our clients is privileged.