Ghosts and Hauntings/Priest/Pastor

Question
Apparition
Apparition  
Hello I was wondering if you know much about religion? My sister took this picture at her friends house and this really creeped us out. I am not sure if this guy is good or bad... He looks like a catholic priest but I don't exactly know. Also I am wondering what time he was from or what type of priest he is. Could you please help us try to explain this or help us find someone who could. Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

Usually I thank the sender for writing to me at all experts with their concerns.   

The first thing that I look for when I am asked to look at someone's alleged ghost photo is the EXIF information. Yours is missing, indicating that it has either been deleted via a photo editing program or taken with a cell phone that does not send the photo. As most cells save photos in a .jpeg format, the EXIF info should be there unless deliberately erased or this is not the original copy.

The next thing that I look for is whether or not there was a reason or cause for the photograph to have been taken in the first place - the logic behind the shot. Was there a reason for your sister to go to her friends house and take a photo of an empty hallway? Hardly worthy of being placed in a decorating magazine, or even instagram for that matter. That is always suspicious.

Thirdly, while still speaking of logic. I find the question itself rather jejune. The question revolves around the period of the priest (I would estimate in the area of 2015 C.E. around the end of October to be more specific.) Catholic.

The total lack of excitement over the fact that your sister apparently captured an extremely rare full body apparition is obvious by its absence. On a psychological and logical level, 99.9% of the people who captured such a photo would have a thousand questions regarding ghosts, not a few mundane, lackluster questions regarding its faith and era. That is unless the answer to the authenticity of the ghost is already known.

Another point, who ever did the cropping and editing needs a lot of practice. The photo looked so fake it was hard to keep my eyes on it as they were rolling to the back of my head whilst my mind was asking, "Why me?", which brings me to my final issue - that being I am not going to suggest others who may be able to help. As a professional courtesy I will not bother others with this nor waste the time of anyone else. You could have saved yourself (and me) a lot of time by reading the advice from the expert prior to writing. http://www.eidolonproject.org/id28.html
Maybe someone from a paranormal forum can "help".

Sincerely,

Greg Pocha,
Ghosts and Hauntings,
All Experts  

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha