Ghosts and Hauntings/bird 's spirit

Question
hi Greg one of my birds died  3 months ago & later that day a few hours after I buried him
I saw a butterfly that came right to my face  could your pet's spirits go in to another animal
& come see you to let you know they are okay & on the other side.

Answer
Hello "S",

Thank you for writing to me at All Experts, Ghosts and Hauntings with your question. I am going to have to say, "No, that was not the spirit of your beloved bird." Simply because of the time period... too soon. As well, butterflies have to go through a series of stages to get to where they are, egg, caterpillar (larva), pupa and then butterfly. Time varies but a month is about average, depending on the conditions and the type of butterfly. Besides, it would be downright macabre to have a bird return as food for other birds.

The good news is that, yes, animal souls do have an afterlife - same place as ours. Bug, fortunately do not. The reason that the butterfly has become an icon for spiritism (not spiritualism), is because of it's transition from one "life" to another. There are quite a few books regarding the afterlife and spirits or angels that have butterflies on the cover.

So according to the new-agers and such, seeing a butterfly signifies a visit from a guardian angel or a spirit guide. Perhaps to calm you in your sad time and to let you know that you are never alone, and that your pet made safe passage.

Of course, there are those who would say that it was just a coincidence, and that is going to be the general consensus.  Still, the aforementioned information may be true as well, and this is what makes the study of the afterlife an endless quest, for the living at least.

I hope that I have helped shed some light on your question. And my condolences on your loss.

Greg Pocha,
Detector of Parapsychology, Afterlife and Paranormal Studies,
Eidolon Project Canada Paranormal Investigation,
Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Alberta

This work is protected by Intellectual Property Laws.

Ghosts and Hauntings

Greg Pocha