How to Get a Gift for a Loved One/Thoughtful gifts on a budget

Hi there. I am on a fixed income, but I enjoy buying gifts for loved ones and friends on special occassions. I am really stressing out about the holidays. I want to buy nice, thoughtful gifts but don't have a lot of money to spend. Do you have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

Hi Sherry, Some of the best gifts are home baked gifts, packages of home made gifts like salt scrub kits for glowing holiday skin, and also, thrift store finds can be amazing bargains.

I like the Veteran's thrift stores for the like new and still-tagged designer clothes and gadgets there. Don't forget rummage and garage sales too.

All it takes is an idea of what a person likes around them, sizes and what they like to wear, color preferences you notice, and an early start. I have been doing this for about 2 decades now and people have told me they wait with expectation for the one of a kind unique things I find for just them.

Best to you!

Ask Sonya

How to Get a Gift for a Loved One

Sonya Snyder

There is an intrinsic ability everyone has, to become an amazing gift giver. It is a relatively easy technique to teach and help people "see." I would like to help people be able to be the thoughtful gift givers they desire to be.

For more than 35 years, I have studied psychology, marketing, and the study of love languages body language and gift giving as a form of showing care and love. Gifting is as old as man, and to do it well isn't rocket science but does take some insight and intuition that can be taught to everyone, yet it can enrich your life exponentially.

BA, Journalism, upcoming MA Forensic Psychology (just shy of graduation), 25 years as a marketing and social, media and communication relations expert.