Gifted Children/Is my 20 month old daughter gifted?

My 20 month old daughter is doing things that I know alot of 3 and 4 year olds to not be doing yet. She knows her alphabet song and recognizes and correctly identifies most of the letters. She counts up to twelve, sometimes skipping 1 and 6, and has recently been trying to count to twenty, but ends up repeating herself at 14. She knows all her basic shapes (star, heart, crescent, square, triangle, circle, oval, diamond, and rectangle). And she knows her colors red, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, and black. She's went right from standing to running without much of an in-between period when she was 9 months old. She sings full songs word for word, including sings with hand movements, like itsy bitsy spider and patty cake. She memorized books and tv shows. She says please, thank you, you're welcome,god bless you. She is very well mannered. I would appreciate expert opinion. Thank you :)

Hello. Thanks for your patience. After careful consideration, I am referring you to another answer.  Your question was brief, so I want you to have some information not directly generated by your question, but more general, which is useful to you.  On 2/18/12, you'll find an answer "10 month old very interested in books". That will address the issue of giftedness well.  

Gifted Children

Faith A. Coleman MD

No questions are off-limits. My strengths are understanding what questioners are really trying to ask, knowing the right questions to get to useful answers, and putting complicated, subject-specific words and concepts into language accessible to lay-persons. The topic is fascinating and can be surprising, the opposite of what might logically seem expected of giftedness. I am skilled in identifying giftedness at any age, including very early in life.

Children constitute about one-third of the patients in a Family Medicine practice. I was Director of Children's and Women's Public Health Education Programs with the Northeast Texas Public Health District. I have two highly gifted children, one of whom attended Roeper School, listed first in this site's Sponsored Links. I was the health expert for Roeper's board of directors; I maintain contacts there. I'm on the board of directors of several organizations of which I'm a member. I spent a summer as the Medical Director of a camp for kids with ADD, ADHD, and psychiatric disorders. Editor, Medical Economics Publishing Co. licensure to teach K-12 in Oklahoma, with added qualification in Journalism

Champions for Children: Advocacy, resources, quality assessment, for early childhood daycare (Board of Directors). American Academy of Family Physicians. Michigan Academy of Family Physicians Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. READ: Advocacy, education, resources for teaching and encouraging literacy in adults. East Texas Network for Children (Planning Board).

Journals: Medical Economics, Contemporary OB/Gyn, Diagnostic Medicine. Albuquerque Journal Daily, Tyler Daily News, New Mexico Daily Lobo, New Citizen Weekly, Alpena News, daily.

BA, Journalism MD University of New Mexico School of Medicine. Internship, Detroit Medical Center. Family Practice Residency, Top-100 Hospital - Beaumont. Clinical Faculty appointments to three medical schools. Faculty, Family Practice Residency, Detroit area.

Two official commendations awarded by United States Army for service and contributions to young soldiers and families. Publishing Internship, Medical Economics Publishing Company. Research Internship, Hastings Institute of Society, Ethics, and the Life Sciences. Woman Medical Student of the Year. Numerous others.

As above in experiences, publications and awards. Many thousands of patient/family encounters.