Gifted Children/Giftedness

Nina wrote at 2014-07-15 03:31:30
Hi, Dr. Coleman.

I just wanted to update about my daughter: my daughter is reading new words every day now. She knows all upper and lower case letters of the alphabet, which obviously is an advantage to reading. It's amazing watching her read; I love it! She will be three in September.

Also, my daughter's speech was very similar to my other gifted family members, too, when they were toddlers. My daughter and family members have completely normal speech now and they're using it to their advantage--like being advanced readers!  

Gifted Children

Faith A. Coleman MD