Global Marketing/International business for Event Planning & Tourism

Question
Dear Scott Burgess,

I am working for a event planning company/DMC in Seville, Spain.
It is a small but very flexible company that is able to adapt very quickly. We offer a very broad range of event and tourism services. However, due to the current economic situation in Spain, there is hardly any project for us to organize. Our objective is ,therefore, to start looking and the International market, since we cannot only rely on Spanish clients anymore.

My question:
How can we market ourselves the best way towards our international target group? (Germany, UK, France, the Netherlands (Spain is most popular among these countries))
What marketing tools can we use and how?

I was wondering if you have any tips concerning this topic..

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Answer
Thanks for the question, Simon.

I would have to know more about the specific types of events and services your company offers in order to give you a more complete answer. But from what you've said, I would perhaps suggest preparing some written success stories or case studies about previous events your company helped successfully organize and then distributing these (via e-mail, point-of-sale contacts, and/or your sales team/project managers) to the relevant prospects. These types of third-party endorsements of your products and services are usually much more convincing than a simple display ad or brochure. Another tip would, of course, be to have these materials translated into the various languages (German, English, French, Dutch) and then to try working with the various tourism boards from these countries to get the word out.

Hope some of this helps. Feel free to contact me directly at scott@gcbusinessjournal if you'd like to talk in more detail and/or if you want to tell me more about your company so I can help further (my company, Global Carolina Communications, prepares the types of success stories and case studies I mentioned).

Scott

Global Marketing

Scott Evan Burgess