Global Telecom/Leased Lines (T1,T2,T3,T4).

T1 (1.544 Mbps)
T2 = 4 T1 lines (6 Mbps)
T3 = 28 T1 lines (45 Mbps)
T4 = 168 T1 lines (275 Mbps)

Are there any Internet Service Provider companies offering T4 Leased Lines connectivity  Services i.e. 275 Mbps Bandwidth Speed for Business Corporates ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Yes there are some who are providing this service, but the price is high. Here is one example -

I am not sure if you are seeking this service in a specific location - if so please advise and I will do my best to provide you with a provider for that service in that location.

Tom Smith

Thank you.

1. Do you feel the need for High Speed Telecommunications Leased Lines are possible in the near future ?. i.e. Building those High Speed Telecommunications infrastructure by Internet Service Provider companies ?

i.e. T5  = 200 T1 lines (308 Mbps)
    T6  = 230 T1 lines (355 Mbps)
    T7, T8 ..... and so on ...

2. The above networks can be very useful especially for Geographically dispersed Business corporate (Offices in different regions viz North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe) for internet speed access.
data upload/download, browsing/surfing, email etc.

Isn't it ?  

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I don't claim any special insight into the future, but I do expect that the growth in the need for increase bandwidth will continue to grow.

As you suggested, distributed global office environments could be a major cause of this growth. Large companies, including multinationals will be seeking to have a centralized data and communications system. To be cost effective, it is my expectation that such offices will increasingly be setting up internal telephone networks using VoIP based phone systems. Already businesses such as my business (TJS Technical Services Inc.) are providing services globally using a variety of technologies to shrink the effective distances. Such technology often requires high bandwidth due to the need for video conferencing including shared presentation, live on-line collaboration on documents, etc.. Increasingly high resolution for video technology (i.e. HD video conference) will increase the need for higher bandwidths.

Based upon this, and what we have seen historically with respect to increasing demand for bandwidth, I do foresee the need for much faster data rates in the future. I cannot say how far into the future T4 rates might become more common, but I do believe that it will come.

Global Telecom

Tom Smith

I can answer questions regarding the telecom networks which exist throughout the world as well as requirements and approvals required for equipment to be connected to the networks.

I have been involved in product approvals for over 25 years, working both for major manufacturers, design organizations, and two major testing laboratories. I have experience putting products into countries around the world, working with various approvals agencies, and have been involved in various standards development agencies (Product Safety, EMC and Telecom). I was the Senior Approvals Engineer at the first private telephone approvals laboratory in Canada, and have been involved in the development of Industry Standards for telephone and telephone products.

- Senior Member of IEEE - Association of Professional Engineers, Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) - Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) - Terminal Attachment Program Advisory Committee (TAPAC) which is under the jurisdiction of Industry Canada (Department of the Gov't of Canada) - Canadian Standards Association - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) - Product Safety Engineering Society - Former Approvals Liaison Engineer (ALE) for the British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT) - Former ALE for AUSTEL (Australia) - Only ALE Appointment outside of Australia - Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) - Registered Consultant to the Hong Kong Telecommunication Authority

Suggested Design Techniques for Telephone Equipment Requiring Canadian Certification Presented at the International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), Chicago, Ill.(1985). Paper published in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics.

B.A.SC (Electrical Engineering)

- Only Approvals Liaison Engineer (ALE) ever appointed by AUSTEL (AUSTEL is no longer the authority in Australia, and the ALE program was also replaced in 1997) - Former Deputy Approvals Liaison Engineer appointed by the British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT) - Elevated to Senior Member by IEEE - CSA Plaque given for 20 years of Services in standards development