Global Telecom/Interactive voice recognition system for Restaurant.

Dear Tom

Do you feel it is useful to implement IVR system for Restaurants?.

My opinion is that there is limited value. It may be of some use in taking phone orders for pick-up or delivery, however the value for that is probably limited in many parts of the world since many customers now order on-line for pick-up or delivery.

Global Telecom

Tom Smith

I can answer questions regarding the telecom networks which exist throughout the world as well as requirements and approvals required for equipment to be connected to the networks.

I have been involved in product approvals for over 25 years, working both for major manufacturers, design organizations, and two major testing laboratories. I have experience putting products into countries around the world, working with various approvals agencies, and have been involved in various standards development agencies (Product Safety, EMC and Telecom). I was the Senior Approvals Engineer at the first private telephone approvals laboratory in Canada, and have been involved in the development of Industry Standards for telephone and telephone products.

- Senior Member of IEEE - Association of Professional Engineers, Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) - Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) - Terminal Attachment Program Advisory Committee (TAPAC) which is under the jurisdiction of Industry Canada (Department of the Gov't of Canada) - Canadian Standards Association - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) - Product Safety Engineering Society - Former Approvals Liaison Engineer (ALE) for the British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT) - Former ALE for AUSTEL (Australia) - Only ALE Appointment outside of Australia - Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) - Registered Consultant to the Hong Kong Telecommunication Authority

Suggested Design Techniques for Telephone Equipment Requiring Canadian Certification Presented at the International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), Chicago, Ill.(1985). Paper published in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics.

B.A.SC (Electrical Engineering)

- Only Approvals Liaison Engineer (ALE) ever appointed by AUSTEL (AUSTEL is no longer the authority in Australia, and the ALE program was also replaced in 1997) - Former Deputy Approvals Liaison Engineer appointed by the British Approvals Board for Telecommunications (BABT) - Elevated to Senior Member by IEEE - CSA Plaque given for 20 years of Services in standards development