Global Telecom/Cat6 cable for backbone network.

Question
Dear Tom

Can we utilise Cat6 cable for backbone network similar to Fiber optic cable?

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,

Yes, it could be used, but it is important to to first look at the physical length of the run for the cable, as well as the required data capacity. Fiber will give you much higher data rates and capacity as well as the ability to be be used at greater lengths than Cat 6.

The bottom line is to define your needs first and then look at the options to see if the Cat 6 may be capable of meeting the needs and thuis would be the most cost effective option.

Tom Smith
http://tjstechnical.com

Global Telecom

Tom Smith