Goats/goat plasenta problem

Ay am form aruba have problems wiht my goats lost 3 in okt the plasentas stay in the babys are oke is there a rison

The cause can be infection, such as toxoplasmosis, or a deficiency of selenium. You can give a shot of BoSe ten days before kidding. This is a vitamin E and selenium injection, which is a prescription, at least in the US. If you know the placenta has not come out after 12 hours, you can start treatment with penicillin to prevent uterine infection, according to Goat Medicine.

On the last two retained placentas in my goats, I gave each 5 leaves of English ivy and they delivered the placenta. There was also a study showing that feeding bamboo root helped the placenta come out.

Good luck. I hope you resolve this problem and do not lose more goats from it.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law