Goats/goat plasenta problem

Question
Ay am form aruba have problems wiht my goats lost 3 in okt the plasentas stay in the babys are oke is there a rison

Answer
The cause can be infection, such as toxoplasmosis, or a deficiency of selenium. You can give a shot of BoSe ten days before kidding. This is a vitamin E and selenium injection, which is a prescription, at least in the US. If you know the placenta has not come out after 12 hours, you can start treatment with penicillin to prevent uterine infection, according to Goat Medicine.

On the last two retained placentas in my goats, I gave each 5 leaves of English ivy and they delivered the placenta. There was also a study showing that feeding bamboo root helped the placenta come out.

Good luck. I hope you resolve this problem and do not lose more goats from it.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith