Goats/Nigerian Dwarf Goat

I have a Nigerian Dwarf Goat that gave birth to triplets, all are fine and nursing, is there anything I should give the little ones to supplement mom's feeding?  They were born on 10/26/12, and are already getting in to feed bowl when mom eats.  I just want to make sure since there are three that they remain healthy.

Their birth date is 9/26/2012??, correct?  Does it seem that all are looking healthy and getting enough milk?  If they seem thin even after feeding on mom then a bottle once or twice a day of either milk replacer or goat's milk would help.  As kid goats do not have a rumen until they are about 4 to 6 weeks old, so if their birth date really is September 26, 2012, then they could start having a product called calf manna/starter - this is a very small pelleted feed full of vitamins and minerals - they could have one tablespoon each once or twice a day (after starting them on a teaspoon or so twice a day for a few days to get their rumen used to heavier food) - older goat food is not the best for them - we use a general livestock pelleted food for all our does that also the kid goats can eat without issue.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County