Goats/Re: Migis Update

Good Morning Donna,
Update on Migi: Migi is doing great i didn't want to call & bother u b/c it wasn't an EMERGENCY just waited after giving the PEPTO B. so all is good i did have one question regarding his GRASS HAY remember i told u i bought him a new bale well when i broke apart the bale it definetly looks and smells like GRASS HAY however theres like long weeds like stems in it so i was just wondering if its not alfalfa like flowers that can cause UC. U know i'm deathly afraid of UC. but the FEED/FARM SUPPLY STORE said it was GRASS HAY which i always buy. I hope it won't harm Migi. Thanks Donna!

Me & Migi

Hi there - great to hear Migi is doing well.  Re the grass hay - sometimes in the fields of grass there are weeds that grow or other types of grasses and, even if there was a little bit of alfalfa in it I would doubt there was enough to ever cause any concern.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County