Goats/nursing doe

my pygmy goat had to have a c-section.  she looks ok and the kid is doing good but the doe seems like she is in alot of pain she didnt eat her grain and hay tonight. I couldnt get ahold of the vet tonight is it alright that i gave her a piece of asprin even though the kid is nursing?

Yes, you can give her some aspirin. Give her a whole one, or even 1.5, but make sure you give it with some food so it doesn't hurt her stomach. When you get the vet, you should ask for a banamine prescription. That is a painkiller/anti inflammatory.  

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law