Goats/nursing doe

Question
my pygmy goat had to have a c-section.  she looks ok and the kid is doing good but the doe seems like she is in alot of pain she didnt eat her grain and hay tonight. I couldnt get ahold of the vet tonight is it alright that i gave her a piece of asprin even though the kid is nursing?

Answer
Yes, you can give her some aspirin. Give her a whole one, or even 1.5, but make sure you give it with some food so it doesn't hurt her stomach. When you get the vet, you should ask for a banamine prescription. That is a painkiller/anti inflammatory.  

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith