Goats/possible pink eye

Hi Donna , I'm feeling a bit better today about losing Santanna . However another maybe problem . I have a buck that a couple weeks ago had his eye close up . He had been tied and got loose and tangled in some old boards with nails and such , so a attributed the condition to that . Lately the eye has been able to open particially and i notice the iris is very pink , the puple is very foggy , and the white is nice and white which it wasn't a couple days ago . There is no weeping or crusting and has never been . thinking polysporin can be used here , and is antibiotics warented ?, if so i believe I'll stick to sq injection for now . Thanks

Sounds like an infection - terramycin eye ointment or NFZ puffer eye powder works well - twice a day for 7 days - would also start on penicillinn at 6 cc/100 pounds given subcutaneously, and probiotics of course.  Glad you are feeling better.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County