Goats/possible pink eye

Question
Hi Donna , I'm feeling a bit better today about losing Santanna . However another maybe problem . I have a buck that a couple weeks ago had his eye close up . He had been tied and got loose and tangled in some old boards with nails and such , so a attributed the condition to that . Lately the eye has been able to open particially and i notice the iris is very pink , the puple is very foggy , and the white is nice and white which it wasn't a couple days ago . There is no weeping or crusting and has never been . thinking polysporin can be used here , and is antibiotics warented ?, if so i believe I'll stick to sq injection for now . Thanks
Barry

Answer
Sounds like an infection - terramycin eye ointment or NFZ puffer eye powder works well - twice a day for 7 days - would also start on penicillinn at 6 cc/100 pounds given subcutaneously, and probiotics of course.  Glad you are feeling better.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres