Goats/Re: Migi Update

Good Morning Donna,
First of all i would like to wish u a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to u and your family & Thank u for taking care of ME & MIGI without your expertise and knowledge in goats we would be lost. With that being said Update on Migi - He is doing GREAT hes drinking, eating, peeing & pooping normal berries now however this morning i notice both sides of his tummy looks bloated it doesen't feel hard just squishy i do believe u said it is HAY BELLY he is continuing to eat his hay so i do believe he has HAY BELLY. He is drinking regular water w/AMMONIUM CHLORIDE in it and i am not giving him the POWERADE just regular water. Maybe once in awhile i'll give him his POWERADE when he seems DEHYDRATED or when he dosen't drink enough but i will just give him plain water. I will continue to keep u updated on his progress. Again Thank u very much for everything and HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Me & Migi

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.  I am work today.  Will have Thanksgiving dinner here at work.  Sounds great on Migi - you've done a great job - sounds like you have a good plan.  You're probably correct that he has a hay belly - perhaps he just ate too fast.  Keep me updated.  Have a great day - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County