Goats/Female foul odor

My 5 yr. old female pygmy goat has been acting like she is in heat for a continuous 4 weeks and has a foul odor that is getting worse by the day.  What is wrong?

Any chance she could have been bred? Is she eating and drinking normally?  Is she peeing and pooping normally? Have you been able to pin point a specific part of the body where the odor is coming from?  I would look for abscesses anywhere on the body, would check her mouth and teeth, would look at her urine to see if it is an unnatural color such as creamy yellow or other than a clear to light yellow tinge of color.  Is her hair coat thick and shiny or is it dry and matted at all or is there hair loss anywhere?  Let me know - thanks - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County