Goats/Goat down for 24 hrs due any moment help

Older Goat very pregnant.Has been laying down for 24 hrs.Gave her Molasses water ,30 cc goatpower ,alfalfa she is outside under overhang wont get up what else can i do myself till tonight.Help Thanks Margarete Timmerman

I just got this in the morning, so I hope it is not too late.  Is she in labor? It sounds like ketosis and/ or hypocalcemia, so the molasses may help her out of it. You need some cmpk, but really sounds like you need a vet for an iv. Continue with molasses and goat power if that is all you have. Drench her with plenty of water, get some roughage and try to get her to eat. Take her temp, make sure she is warm enough. Is she eating? Let me know what is happening, if it isn't too late.  

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law