Goats/goat abortimg

Doe was in labor all day & clear (no head,no hooves) walnut sized bubble showed all day. Gone next day but 3 inch string of redish mucus showing next morning. Can find no evidence of any delivery. Watched her off & on all day & night. Neber saw any progression

She seems fine
Pert , eating, grazing
Should I give any meds? What treatment, if any?  
Could she still be pregnant?

Do you know how far along she would have been? Is this her first pregnancy? It is possible it is a cloudburst/false pregnancy.  She could also truly be aborting still.  Can you feel anything that feels like a kid in her abdomen? Are her pelvic ligaments gone?   With the "bubble" showing that generally always indicates kidding is in progress. What is her current temperature? Let me know about the answers to my questions if you could and I will try to give you more specific answers to your questions - thanks - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County