Goats/Goat bedding

Question
I have three goats and have always used wheat straw as bedding and for eating.  I was gonna buy some sort of heat lamp to keep them a little warmer this winter.  Tractor supply told me to buy cedar shavings instead of a fire hazard.  Now I read that cedar is dangerous for goats.  Is this true?

Answer
Cedar bedding can cause urinary infections so I suggest folks stay away from that for bedding.  How cold are we talking?  I generally use regular straw or grass hay as bedding and do use a heat lamp if it is extremely cold, for the kid goats, but with that said the heat lamp is up high and away from any possible "goat" nibbles.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres