Goats/goat with scours and is pregnat

Question
my goat is pregnant and she has scours is lying down all the time she  is not eating or drinking from what i observed  is this bad and what is the best thing i can do for her she is a pygmy ad this is her first kidding and no bag yet

Answer
Yes, this is very bad for her. She will get dehydrated. If you can you need to get a vet to give her an IV for fluids. For now, you need to get some electrolytes and syringe them into her. Get some browse, fir branches, wheat straw, whatever is available in your area and see if she will eat them. She could also use some vitamin B complex to help her rumen, and probiotics as well. Give her hot water with a little molasses to see whether you can get her to drink again. Take her temperature, too. Good luck!

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith