Goats/How to keep warm

Question
My 12 year old pygmy goat is getting cold (shivers) at night.
she is in barn on straw, but still gets cold. Tried to put jacket on her, she freaked out.
what do you recommend for warmth? what are my options?

Answer
I use sweatshirts for the goats - easy to put on, can be tightened up easily and washed easily if needed - the goats really do get used to them fairly easily - you usually have to cut open the shirt's neck a bit and cut the sleeves shorter.  If that still fails, a heat lamp in a smaller pen (of course, up out of harm's way) should be enough to cut the cold.  Other option would be to bring the goat into a warmer spot near or in the house - in a small dog crate works well.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres