Goats/kid with strange leg bumps

I'm writing to ask about a 3 week-old kid of mine, who has some mysterious bumps on her inner thigh.  There are five bumps on the inside of her back left leg, starting at her groin and extending down to her knee.  The largest is a bit smaller than a dime.  They are hard to the touch, almost like a cyst.  She has a scratch on her knee of the same leg, and the hair around it is missing -- could this be related ?  I thought maybe a lymph infection ?  I know it is hard to diagnose without a visual, but I would appreciate any effort.  Thanks a million !

Is she eating and drinking okay, and otherwise in good health? Is the knee with the scratch on it swollen or warm to touch? When you say bumps are these not true lumps or cysts where they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch tall?  If the bumps are roundish but not raised a large amount these could be ringworm.  These could also be mange mites, but these bumps usually are smaller in size than what you describe.  If there was evidence of an infection in the knee on that same side then it is quite possible this is an infection going up the leg.  Let me know and I will get back to you with some other thoughts.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County