QUESTION: my goat has lumps in her teets. we gave antibiotic for 4 days with no change. dosn't seem tender.

ANSWER: It may not be mastitis. Where are the lumps located? Try massage with a peppermint oil lotion.

QUESTION: in the middle of one teet and a few in between the two teets. no sensetivity at all. ill do the oil.

Try that for a week or so. If you see no change, let me know and I will do some further investigating. Goat Health Care has a home remedy for this, but it seems a bit extreme to me, so I recommend that you try a simpler alternative first. Also if you have a California Masitis Test, I recommend that you test for mastitis just in case, (This is well-worth having on hand, in any event.)   Sometimes that bacteria do not respond to a certain antibiotic. But you do want to rule out mastitis, anyway.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law