Goats/Re: Migi Update

QUESTION: Good Evening Donna,
Update on Migi - U know Donna after i gave Migi his PEPTO B. he seems to be a little better his poop was like dog poop with berries all stuck together at least it has that berrie look to it instead of soft plop and he seems a little active & alert but still only nibbling on his snack/food & nibbling on his hay. Unfortunately the weather will not be getting better anytime soon. I gave 2 doses of PEPTO B. one in the afternoon and 1 in the evening so will see how that goes. Just updating u. Thanks Donna.

Me & Migi

ANSWER: Thanks for the update.  Pepto should ease his digestive upset.  We're getting wet snow today.  I'm at work.  Hope you are having a Merry Christmas.  Donna

QUESTION: Merry Christmas Donna,
Hope your Christmas is bring u lots of cheer and may u have a healthy & prosperous new year as well! With that being said. Update on Migi - As we speak i just took Migi out to do his business as usual and fed him this morning but he still dosen't look good hes not eating he peed, & pooped still dog like clumped with big berrie form i normally have to fight with him to take his temp however for him to make me take his temp twice he must be really not feeling good. His first reading was 100.6 & his second reading was 99.9. Donna even if he doesn't have a temp do u think he can still have PNEUMONIA? But to me with Migi he always have a high fever when he comes down w/PNEUMONIA. I ran out of B-COMPLEX i just have 2 left i gave him his PROBIOTIC PASTE double the dosage this time. The weather-man say this whole week will be cloudy/drizzle rain. I just don't know what else to do. Last night it seemed like he was getting a little better but its always in the morning that he dosen't look good. My sister & I don't feel good as well when we have weather like this so i really wonder if the weather has something to do with Migi being like this. Hes losing weight b/c hes only nibbling on his food. Remember the times i told u we  needed to slow down on his food? Well theres gotta be something wrong when he dosen't really want to eat He also looks depress. Please let me know what else i can do for him. Thanks Donna

Me & Migi

Thanks for the update.  Pneumonia can come with a fever or not.  It certainly could be the start of pneumonia or just digestive upset.  As long as he is even nibbling at the hay that is okay for his rumen to keep it functioning.  You could start up on the duramycin if you want - hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County