Goats/Re: Migis hay

Question
Good Evening Donna,
U know Donna my neighbor came over to put the new bale of hay on the hard plastic pallet i remember telling u about the hard plastic pallet and u told me that if water gets on it it could cause mold so i ask him to change the pallet back to the original pallet i had the hay on however it was drizzling and the pallet was kinda damp so i couldn't lift up the 90lbs by myself so he helped me to transfer the bale onto the damp wooden pallet it wasn't wet wet just a little damp will the bottom of the hay gets moist and moldy? I'm worried b/c its a brand new bale the weather is terrible here off/on drizzling rain then sunny at times & cold/windy at night very humid. Thanks Donna

Luv,
Me & Lila

Answer
Best thing to do would be to open the bale and re-tie in smaller sections so you can turn those smaller sections easier than the one big bale - that way if you turn the sections every few days from one side to another that should allow any moister or dampness to dry up.  Hope that helps.  I'm just heading out this morning to snow - 3 inches - the goats like the snow but definitely prefer to be fed inside their shelters on days like this - they are spoiled indeed, but we love them.  Take care - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres