Goats/Baby goat

Should I mix the Duramycin-10 Tetracycline Soluble Powder with water or would Gatorade work and how much fluid will I need to mix it with They have the measurements for mixing in a gallon of water ... He is still nursing from mom..Thank you so much!

Just use 1/4 teaspoon of the duramycin mixed with perhaps 10 cc of gatorade, mix well, and give orally.  I use the small diamter aquarium tubing but to about 4 inches in length to attach to the end of a 10 or 12 cc syringe and this allows me to insert the tubing into the kid's mouth and over the tongue a little bit to more easily orally drench their medicines - it is also less of a bulk to get into the kid's mouth than the end of the syringe.  Hope this helps - keep me posted - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County