Goats/early labour??????

QUESTION: hi have three goats all pregnant i hope they were kept with a buck for a few months. wont do that again as i have no exact due date. yesterday the eldest and largest of my goats started bleeding slightly from her lady parts, it was a mixture of blood and mucus. don't know what this means. the buck is no longer with them and the earliest date of conception is 23rd sept 2012. and her tail it always pointed up different to the rest. anyone give me any info??? i think i have included photos, i am new to this.....

ANSWER: Is her udder filled up?  Are her pelvic ligaments gone?  Are her sides dropped down?  The blood is not normal and if this is a constant bleed it could indicate a uterine or placental tear.  You are sure of the date of earliest breeding of Sept. 23, 2012?  And what is the latest date that it could have happened?  Let me know - Donna

QUESTION: well it is not labour she has a prolapsed uterus. it comes out when she sits down and goes back in when she stands. i made the mistake of keeping my buck and does together. he went in with them on the 23 sept and i have now separated them for good. she is 5 years old i think and the biggest doe i have ever seen she must weigh 150kgs. she is double the size of my other two. she seems perfectly happy tho;

Sounds more like a vaginal prolapse.  A uterine prolapse is possible too.  She would need to be by herself and in a confined space until she kids - also are her pelvic ligaments gone, udder filled or sides dropped.  Providing her with selenium at ten of the 200 mcg human tablets crushed and dissolved in a little hot water and add all the oil from a 1000 IU capsule of vitamin E and all the oil from an 800 IU capsule of vitamin D - mix well, cool and give orally, would give in another 7 days.  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County