Goats/goat that is not peeing

Question
I have a 3 year old boar cross goat who has been banded. I am asking for any help he has not peed since yesterday morning which was only a little. he has been acting alittle funny since sunday. He is pooping an eating alittle but don't want to drink anything. we believe that he has been stealing our horses pellets an so I think grain could be a factor. We took him to the vet yesterday but the vet says that his bladder was not swellen nor his underside an he tried to stimulate him to go to the bathroom an nothen came out so he don't believe that it is urinary calculi. he gave him two shots an sent us home but he still won't pee an don't want to drink.  I have given him lemon juice as much as I can get him to drink as he hates the taste but I just keep trying to get it in him. Please help!!!!

Answer
I apoligize for not getting back to you earlier but I was ill today.  Better now.  Glad you are giving lemon juice concentrate - 1/2 cup per 50 pounds body weight every two hours for four doses, then let rest for 8 hours and repeat the above regimen - it must be the concentrate you give him.  You can also give him potassium chloride - this is a human mineral available at many stores - give him eight crushed tablets dissolved in a little hot water and given orally every two hours for two doses, then wait for 8 hours and repeat again.  He is pooping regularly for you?  If he is constipated/not pooping that can cause him not to be able to pee.  He also could have a urinary infection - since the vet said he was not swollen I might also treat for an infection - you can use oral antibiotics - Sulmet or terramycin powder - most feed stores carry these - tell me what you can get and I will give you the dosing.  

Again, sorry the lateness of this answer - keep me posted - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres