Goats/Goats

Question
We have a female bore goat who had a still born - her milk is still producing - is there a drying medication to make her more comfortable

Answer
If she is tame enough, I would milk out some colostrum to save for possible future orphans or rejects. But the more you milk the more is produced. You can milk enough to relieve pressure from time to time. Also, she will feel better When you milk because it produces endorphins, the love hormone. Good luck. Poor momma.

If you have any more dead babies or fetuses, take one and the membranes for a necropsy to rule out infectious disease in the herd.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith