Goats/Goats udder

i have a goat that just gave birth today, one side of her udder is working the other is hard as a rock and no milk is coming out, i don't know if its blocked. but i don't know whats wrong or what to do

Has she been tested for CAE virus. That is the most common cause of hard udder. You can try hot compresses, peppermint lotion, and or gentle massages. I would not let kids nurse, but would milk the other side and pasteurize the milk for them, unless you are sure the goat is CAE negative.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law