Goats/Goats udder

Question
i have a goat that just gave birth today, one side of her udder is working the other is hard as a rock and no milk is coming out, i don't know if its blocked. but i don't know whats wrong or what to do

Answer
Hi there - is the hard side hot to touch? Has the doe been tested for CAE? Is this the first time kidding for this doe?   If hot to touch it could be mastitis.  If positive for CAE it is "hard udder" from that virus.  If this is first time kidding, or even if the doe has a huge udder it is possible the mammary system on the one side is congested and so feels hard with no milk coming out.  Let me know and I will give you some remedy ideas - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres