Goats/Goats udder

i have a goat that just gave birth today, one side of her udder is working the other is hard as a rock and no milk is coming out, i don't know if its blocked. but i don't know whats wrong or what to do

Hi there - is the hard side hot to touch? Has the doe been tested for CAE? Is this the first time kidding for this doe?   If hot to touch it could be mastitis.  If positive for CAE it is "hard udder" from that virus.  If this is first time kidding, or even if the doe has a huge udder it is possible the mammary system on the one side is congested and so feels hard with no milk coming out.  Let me know and I will give you some remedy ideas - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County